I had a Pampered Chef party last weekend and invited my crew….the best, most awesome, fun chicks around….these girls know how to party! One of the items I served at the party were these Sonic Strawberry Bundt Cakes. I achieved two firsts with this recipe; first time I used the Mini Fluted Cake Pan and first time making this recipe. I have used this basic recipe for years in various flavors but have never tried strawberry and let me tell you ….they were delish! The basic recipe calls for a box of cake mix, a box of instant pudding, some chocolate chips, sour cream, oil, eggs and water…. a total boxed cake mix hack! My recipe is hand written on a scrap of paper that is covered with cake batter. I have no idea where I got it but have seen many variations of it on Pinterest. I usually make a chocolate version of this cake and everyone always raves about it. It’s soooo moist and delicious with tasty little bits of chocolate….heaven!
I had been wanting to try the strawberry version but had trouble finding strawberry flavored pudding. Then while at Walmart shopping for the party, way on the bottom shelf by the puddings, I spotted this Sonic Strawberry Shake instant pudding…Game On! I scooped up some strawberry cake mix and some white chocolate chips and I was on my way.
I usually don’t like trying new recipes on guests because you never know how things are going to turn out but I figured….it’s strawberry cake…how can that be bad. Well….I had a slight mishap with the first batch. Since this was the first time I used my Pampered Chef Mini Fluted Cake Pan I wasn’t sure how much batter to use for each cake and of course I failed to read the directions. I put 3 large scoops of batter in each and it took a little too long for them to cook so the white chocolate chips that were touching the pan got a little brown. They still tasted great but weren’t as beautiful as these babies! So the next batch I used 2 scoops and they were perfect.
I served them at the party and also made these cute little treat boxes for each guest to take home.
These awesome little treats also happen to be totally perfect for Valentine’s Day to give to your Sweetheart!
If you want to try another great Valentine’s Day treat, try my easy and fun to make Valentine’s Day Sheet Cake Creations.
Sonic Strawberry Bundt Cakes
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 3 oz box of Sonic Strawberry Shake flavored instant pudding
- 11 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, sour cream, and water.
- Add boxed cake mix and pudding mix and stir until smooth.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir just until chips are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Spray mini bundt pans with cooking spray (I use Baker’s Joy).
- Fill each well two-thirds full (or use 2 full large scoops – 3 oz each).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes
- Invert the pan over a cooling rack and gently tap the pan.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze liberally over the cakes while they are still warm.
- Let cool completely and drizzle again.