Homemade Taco Seasoning is incredibly easy to make with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. If you make it yourself, you know whats going in your body. Check out this label from a packet of taco seasoning you get at the grocery store. Why do we need malodextrin and silicon dioxide….and why does taco seasoning need to be produced with genetic engineering?
I guarantee you if you just mix up a few spices that you may already have in your pantry you will love the flavor. It so easy…you need some Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Chipotle or Chili Powder, Mexican or regular Oregano, Granulated Garlic or Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper and Dried Minced Onion or Onion Powder. If you like a lot of spice add some Cayenne Pepper to the mix as well.
Mix it all together and Voila!….you have Homemade Taco Seasoning.
This stuff is great with beef, chicken or pork. It’s also great in beans and rice….and in Taco Tater Tot Casserole…YUM! Mix up a batch or 2 and store in a mason jar so you have some on hand for whenever you need it. Ole!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 T Cumin
- 1 T Smoked Paprika
- 1 T Chipotle Powder (Or Chili Powder)
- 1 T Mexican Oregano (Or Regular Oregano)
- 1 T Granulated Garlic (Or Garlic Powder)
- 1 T Salt
- ½ T Black Pepper
- 1 T Dried Minced Onion (Or Onion Powder)
- 1 t Cayenne Pepper (Optional - If you like it extra spicy)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in an airtight container. Can be used for seasoning chicken, beef, or pork for making Tacos or Burritos. Also great in beans, rice.